Headed by: Prof. Felix Luti
The mandate of the thermodynamics sub-area is as espoused by the Department.
As per the Department plan.
The Department offers all the courses in the general thermodynamics area. These comprise:
- Five compulsory undergraduate thermodynamics units (thermodynamics I-V) in the Department
- Two compulsory undergraduate units in heat transfer (heat transfer I and II) in the Department.
- Three undergraduate optional units offered to fifth year in the Department (Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Power Plants, and Internal Combustion Engines)
- One and one third units in thermodynamics offered to undergraduates in Electrical Engineering.
- Coursework and Project Supervision to M.Sc. and Postgraduate Diploma in Energy Management.
- M.Sc. in Thermo-Fluids by coursework and thesis.
- Ph.D. supervision
There is a revised undergraduate curriculum awaiting approval by Senate.
Current Academic Staffing
Four Academic members, all with Ph.D. qualification.