Congratulations on your admission to the University of Nairobi, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. The University of Nairobi is a world class university committed to scholarly excellence.
Please find the following important information to assist you to settle in the department:
1. The Academic Year 2023/2024 commenced on Monday 25th September 2023 for all First Years
2. The Orientation/Registration week programme and instructions on how to access your registration documents has already been communicated to you through the Freshmen whatsapp group. Contact the chairman's office to be added to the group. The Orientation week will be from 25th September to 1st October 2023.
3. KCSE 2022 students who may have not received their Admission Letters/Joining Instructions, please login as indicated below to access your admission letter and joining instructions:
- Go to smis.uonbi.ac.ke
- Enter Registration number e.g. FMM/3333/2023 as username and KCSE index number as password e.g. 123456789112022
4. Applicants who have received Inter-Institution/University Transfer letters from KUCCPS should scan and email the letter/notification from KUCCPS to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Nairobi will issue all successful applicants with letters of Admission /Joining Instructions.(Checklist attached)
5. You are eligible for a Government Scholarship, Loan and Bursary to assist with your educational expenses.
If you need Government financial support, you MUST make an application for consideration through the official link: https://portal.hef.co.ke/auth/signin
In case the Government Scholarship, Loan and Bursary do not cover the entire cost of your program, the deficit will be met by your parent/guardian (Checklist attached).
6. The University provides affordable and secure accommodation to students on a competitive basis. With a bed capacity of over 10,000, students are allocated rooms through a secure online room application system.
In addition, the university has established partnership with private hostels owners within proximity to the city to interested students.
All queries pertaining to online room application process can be addressed to email@example.com or through telephone numbers 0204913433 or 0204913405.
Please do not hesitate to contact the chairman's office on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification/assistance.
You can also visit the department's office on 3rd Floor mechanical engineering building.
Once again congratulations! and welcome to the department of mechanical and manufacturing engineering.